Happy Friday-His Eye is on You

Happy Friday! I hope this has been a good week for you. I'm on my way across the border this morning. We flew into Chihuahua yesterday after devotions at the hospital. I have been lost a few times in Chihuahua--driven a few miles (10 or 20) in the wrong direction, circling that mountain. It's a little confusing. Some of the streets are diagonal, some go in circles. When we were approaching from the air, I thought how easy it was from to see where everything was, and how it all made much better sense. That how it is with God from the ultimate heights, He sees every little detail. He is El Roi, the God who sees. 


El Roi was first revealed in the Bible by Hagar. She was the servant girl who Sarah gave to Abraham to bear children when she couldn't. In Sarah's mind and I suppose Abrahams's too, they were just trying to help fulfill the promise of God. But, when Hagar became pregnant with Abraham's son, those human emotions kicked in and Sarah became bitterly jealous. She treated Hagar terribly. Things became so bad for Hagar that she fled to the wilderness. Without a friend, a home, or a plan the pregnant girl laid down by a fountain in the wilderness. That's where the angel came to her. 

“The angel of GOD said, “Go back to your mistress. Put up with her abuse.” He continued, “I’m going to give you a big family, children past counting. From this pregnancy, you’ll get a son: Name him Ishmael; for GOD heard you, GOD answered you. He’ll be a bucking bronco of a man, a real fighter, fighting and being fought, Always stirring up trouble, always at odds with his family.”

She answered GOD by name, praying to the God who spoke to her, “You’re the God who sees me! “Yes! He saw me; and then I saw him!” That’s how that desert spring got named “God-Alive-Sees-Me Spring.” That spring is still there, between Kadesh and Bered.”

‭‭Genesis‬ ‭16:9-14‬ ‭MSG‬‬

The angel appeared to her to give her comfort and to speak of God's grace and mercy. Don't you love the knowledge that God sees you right now? That God knows all about you--even your very thoughts. I rejoice in the fact that He know me and He loves me and He cares about every little detail of my life. His eye is on the sparrow, He watched over Hagar, and I know He watches me.

Today, rejoice with me the El Roi is the God who sees. It's not something to fear but something we can take great comfort in knowing. Praise El Roi!

Love you sweet Friend,

Pam



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020