Monday

Happy Monday. I hope your weekend was rewarding. Mine was great, spending time with special friends who are more like family. It was joyous. but even if it had been awful, isn't it great to know that no matter what our circumstances, we can find joy in the presence of the Lord? If we are having a good day, we can just kick back and let the delight of it all wash over us. Those days are easy. But some days things are not as good as we had hoped or things are just plain bad, and we have to remind ourselves that our joy is in Him and His presence--not in our circumstances. Those days, when it's dark and gloomy, if we continue to communicate with the Father, His joy will begin to become a part of us. 


We can start by simply remembering this day was created by the Lord. It was not a random-chance kind-of-thing but it was a deliberate plan of the Father. And never forget that God is with us, regardless if we "feel" that presence or not, He is here. Then, just start talking with Him about whatever is on your mind. Rejoice in the fact that He completely understands and knows exactly what you are traveling through. He is a good, good Father. 


“...I see that the Lord is always with me. I will not be shaken, for he is right beside me. No wonder my heart is glad, and my tongue shouts his praises! My body rests in hope...You have shown me the way of life, and you will fill me with the joy of your presence.’”

‭‭Acts‬ ‭2:25-26, 28‬ ‭NLT‬‬


I see that He is always with me--what a marvelous realization. The Greek word translated here as presence is prosōpou. It's meaning is a little more intimate than we might think of when we read presence. It can be translated as "face" or "countenance," either of which denotes a personal, look-right-at-you encounter. He fills us with that joy--the joy of our Father looking us straight in the eye and letting us feel his presence. 


Today, knowing He is always with you, seek to have a face-to-face encounter with the Almighty and let the awe of it wash all over you.  


Love you dear one,

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020