It's Saturday. 


It's Saturday and I hope you had a good week and have a great weekend ahead of you. I had a good week, but yesterday I couldn't find a particular t-shirt. Don't you hate to lose stuff? It makes me a little nutty--even if it's not that important, I just can't stand to not know where something is and I will tear the house apart trying to find what I'm looking for. 


Do you remember when people would say they were going off to "look for themselves?" Now, I think they say they are trying to find themselves. I don't understood either of those--I just want to say "Aren't you just right there with yourself?" What I do know is those folks rarely find anything. When people are so concerned and wrapped up in themselves, they are the most unhappy and confused of all people. 


““If you don’t go all the way with me, through thick and thin, you don’t deserve me. If your first concern is to look after yourself, you’ll never find yourself. But if you forget about yourself and look to me, you’ll find both yourself and me.” Matthew‬ ‭10:38-39‬ ‭MSG‬‬


The Greek word used here for find is HEURESEL. Literally, it means to discover after searching. It tells me that to find Jesus, to really discover Him, we need to take time and look for Him, seek Him out. We can spend lots of time trying to "find" self but the only real way is to forget about ourselves and concentrate on Him--the One who made the heaven and the earth. It goes agains everything in our human nature because, of course, we think we are the center of it all but if you can get outside of that, God can move and show Himself in ways you never dreamed possible. 


Today when you are tempted to be self-centered, just rebuke that thought. Remember, it's not about you--it's about finding Him. 


Love you dear friend, 

Pam

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

January 17, 2020

January 15, 2020

January 9, 2020